Skip to main content

Reply to "MiLB - Experimental Rules"

@22and25 posted:

So you want a juicy slow cooked meal when you sit down inside the restaurant but then expect a totally different product rushed to you through the drive through window when you can’t go inside? 😁. I kid, but maybe you just need to follow a better team!  I am more of a fan of the game than a specific team, although I have my favorites, so I tend to watch good matchups, particularly pitching matchups, so I can usually find a game I enjoy watching.

I had trouble watching when the Sox had their greatest season ever and won it all. The MLB game sucks more and more every year. The game is changing... for the worst.  It’s why MLB is constantly looking for improvement. No one wants to watch the ball not be put in play. The only strategy left is how hard is the hitter going to swing from his heels.

Everyone not in denial knows MLB is losing its luster. Going to a game is a social event. It’s what keeps the game going. Watching a MLB game on tv is slow death.

I’ve been a diehard fan for over fifty years. The game is losing me. There are a lot of people like me and baseball knows it. They’re not  attracting an adequate number of younger fans. My kids played college baseball and softball. They have little interest in watching on tv. They enjoy going to the park once a month and having a few beers. It’s long term death. Baseball is turning into a sedate old man, couch potato game. At the homes for the elderly there are lots of fans. They watch until they fall asleep in the 5th inning.

A lot of people discovered when sports was down last year they didn’t need or miss them.

Fortunately it’s March Madness time. When it’s over the college baseball season will be in crunch time (second half)) of the regular season. I don’t even have to think about MLB until late June after the CWS. By then there’s so much to do outdoors until nine at night.

Last edited by RJM