Skip to main content

Reply to "MiLB - Experimental Rules"

I looked at the attendance for the last 20 years before making my post, the slight dip that you note is a few percentage points and is within the same range of variance for other dips going back in time.  There is no trend there that I can see.  And revenue grew $500M year over year for the years you note, so what loss of revenue are you seeing?

As for the rest, the appetite for watching all things on traditional TV has a slow leak.  The traditional way people obtain content is dying.  Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS are all scrambling to adjust their business models to keep up with these changes.  People want instant access, on any device on demand without regional restrictions. Fundamental changes to the game in order to be more palatable for traditional network and cable TV distribution models in 2021 is tantamount to jockeying for shelf space at the grocery store and refusing to distribute your products through Amazon.

If baseball wants to impact viewership they should focus on distribution, not the product.  People still want the same Coca-Cola, they just want Amazon to drop it at their doorstep.  

Last edited by 22and25