Skip to main content

Reply to "MiLB - Experimental Rules"

@Dadof3 posted:

22and25, I don't under stand why you are arguing?  Everyone posted, besides you, say they agree and something needs to change.  Who cares if they game is exactly the same as it was 100 years ago.  Either you evolve and continue to live or you go extinct!  If fans are finding it boring then you need to evolve.  Change is necessary.   I am much more interested in watching college baseball and I don't care who is playing!  When "my" mlb team is on, I struggle to watch more then an inning or two.  Now I will take the family to a game or two a year, but other then that, I don't really watch too much of that on TV, it's boring.

I am making my point just like the rest here, no better no worse.  Frankly,  I know a ton of “baseball people“ in everyday life and the overwhelming majority that I interact with hate all of this “speed up the game at all cost” BS.  

I get it, the game is not unchanged but it has evolved over time in a measured way.  The current commissioner seems hell bent on making his mark on the game and I don’t have to like it, sorry.  I think it’s misguided to fundamentally change the game in ways that disenfranchise your core customers to hopefully entice new fans to your bastardized product....but hey, old Rob can be forever remembered as the guy who changed the game🙄