Skip to main content

Reply to "MiLB - Experimental Rules"

@22and25 posted:

I am making my point just like the rest here, no better no worse.  Frankly,  I know a ton of “baseball people“ in everyday life and the overwhelming majority that I interact with hate all of this “speed up the game at all cost” BS.  

I get it, the game is not unchanged but it has evolved over time in a measured way.  The current commissioner seems hell bent on making his mark on the game and I don’t have to like it, sorry.  I think it’s misguided to fundamentally change the game in ways that disenfranchise your core customers to hopefully entice new fans to your bastardized product....but hey, old Rob can be forever remembered as the guy who changed the game🙄

As with so many other things, there is no single right answer. I don't agree with everything you say, but it's an important viewpoint and you say it well. While I agree with many others that changes are necessary, I think it's a good idea to be cautious about making wholesale changes that will alter the core of the game.  That's one of the reasons I like some of the small changes -- de-juiced ball, higher mound, bigger bases -- adjustments that don't toss the entire record book out along the way.