Skip to main content

Reply to "MiLB Life"

JH - I'm a little surprised this thread didn't get rolling. Its a good one! Especially for any soon-to-be parent of a minor league player.

I'll just take a moment to say "Thanks!" to all of those host families out there. Our son lives with three teammates in a decent apartment complex. But there is a young couple assigned as his "hosts." I'm convinced they are a vital part of this whole thing.

They're there for games, favors, urgent needs...they pack "care packages" for him before road trips...take him out to dinner every once in a while. When I was there, this young couple was outside the locker room after each game, waiting, offering a smile, a hug and a friendly face. I can tell from observing that a bond has formed. Its nice.

As parents, we are tremendously grateful to them!

But following on your lead JH...if you have a nephew, cousin or friend's son on a minor league roster...and you're in the neighborhood, don't ever hesitate to ask for a free ticket in return for friendly conversation and maybe a burger after the game. You have no idea how much such a simple gesture will be appreciated.
Last edited by justbaseball