Skip to main content

Reply to "milb wages may be exempted by lobbyists"

luv baseball posted:
real green posted

The attorneys keep coming after them and losing.  Maybe MLB is trying to shut the door on the attorneys.  I find this similar to ambulance chasers looking at the abundance of the well.  When was the last time an independent baseball league was sued over wages?  They pay less than MiLB... 

Real,

Now you want to introduce Tort Reform?  As they say in Oz...Why didn't you say so before - that is a horse of a different color!

It is fair to say deep pockets doing borderline things will attract sharks which explains the independent leagues getting the free skate.

The Lords of baseball have decided throwing money at Congress is cheaper than paying the players.  So they will exhaust every avenue available to them before doing so.  If they get their exemption they might just pull it off...but if they don't I would expect like the Reserve Clause they will lose in court...eventually.  

you do realize there is no value correct? All changing the rules will do is get rid of players faster, the cheapest "place holders" will stay and the rest are gone. Plus you will absolutely see a contraction of minor league teams and independents will be devastated...I don't care what they get paid, change the damn law for all I care - it doesn't change the supply side being hopelessly out of whack.