Skip to main content

Reply to "Minor League Poverty"

Originally Posted by TPM:
I agree an appropriate figure would be hard to come by.
What struggling have you seen tell me? I remember hearing about the struggling when son was in high A. The kids were out getting drunk every night! 
The latins struggle is because they send money back home but that is a whole other issue and discussion for another day.
Anyone in milb after 4-5 years struggling needs to move on.
Sorry but I dont have the empathy that others do.  The odds will never be in a milb players favor.

I'm not going to divulge players by name. Many Latin American players send money home. Several MiLB players have families they need to support here. I don't really know how or why it's justified to have a wage scale that almost entirely prohibits these individuals from supporting their families.

Saying that if you're in the minors for 4-5 years, you need to move on is an opinion. It has nothing to do with players' salaries.

Originally Posted by TPM:
I am willing to bet as a first year scout you get paid not enough for the hours you put in. 
Do you get paid the extra hours when you have to fly or drive distance?

I get paid fine, and I do get reimbursed for my expenses. What's the connection between my job and the job of a minor league baseball player?