Skip to main content

Reply to "Missing our Loved Ones"

louisiana09,

I am still doing it. I still am recovering. I really havent been the same since. Its like the universe was altered forever. It will never be the same, Yes it can be good again and I will find joy and happiness, but it will never ever be the same as it was with them here.No body loves you like parents love their kids, I know this becasue I know how I loved my kids.I miss being loved like that. Being they only daughter with 2 brothers, being a daddys girl. Talking on the phone 2-3 times a day with mom about nothing much in paricular. Whats for dinner? what are the kids up to? just chatting. I miss that deeply, and with Thanksgiving approaching it is tough to get through it. The food has no flavor if that makes since. The holidays were when the grandparents showed up, then the festivities began. My mom was an exceptional holiday person, she loved it. and to have her in the hospital on thanksgiving night and gone the day after I dont enjoy the day as much. Im trying to be thankful for what I do have but the loss has blindsided me.