Skip to main content

Reply to "MLB Draft Prospect Link question"

It is tough because people ask questions and want to know.  We try to limit answers but it is exciting for people in your lives and community.  I always finish the statement with but you never know.  I have known kids that I thought were guaranteed draft picks out of high school that never got a sniff.  Or name a certain player near us that was supposed to be a second rounder according to his dad if they are in the know.

This kid was flaunted as a guaranteed second rounder by his dad vocally to anyone who would listen and even shouted it at games "Throw it second rounder."  Supposedly he told them it would take $1.2 million to get him.   He also had a little run in with the law and was arrested and also suspended from school in the fall.  He had a not so great senior year and his name was never called.  He is playing P5 ball so maybe it gets called when dad is somewhat out of the picture if they can fix his control issues and the other stuff.

I have also had kids that didn't think they were going to get their name called until the last week.  One kid who is still a great pro pitcher that played a few games for me had no clue but really ramped it up in the last two weeks of high school ball and his name was called early.  He had no time to plan for the future but the future found him.