Skip to main content

Reply to "MLB Draft Prospect Link question"

I also think it depends on the community and the family.  Our small community has never had much exposure to even D1 recruiting much less pro scouting.  There is an excitement among most of the community but there are always those who think it should be their kid who throws 81.  Through the years I have seen kids and families deal with it good and those who didn't.  I think the money question goes a long way in deciding how much exposure a kid will get once the talent and measurables are there.  I have seen kids get surprised on both sides.  Those who thought their name would be called and wasn't and those who didn't expect it, or very high, and it was.  The second is better.  I know a family that had a selection day party and invited everyone and spent crazy amounts of money to never get a phone call at all.  Money was too high for talent level.  It was sad for the family but humbling and it is still talked about in that community ten years later.  Kid never matured in college and never heard his name.  Being noticed is a big deal but only the beginning of the process and the process is different for every family.