Skip to main content

Reply to "MLB Draft Prospect Link"

My son filled out many questionnaires from the teams but they were general in nature with nothing too specific.  When teams were interested further he filled out lengthier ones that were more specific.  I do not recall the exact projected rounds (1st for sure) but from what I recall MLB will request doctor evaluations, exams, test results, x-rays, past injuries, etc. to a central division where any of the teams can have access to.  We could not submit to a specific team health related material  that they requested directly, it has to be submitted to that to that central access place.  A few teams conducted their own personal physical evaluation, not sure if they were required to submit it or kept it for themselves.  FWIW, aside from advisors/agents he had no "home" visits from scouts.  He did meet a several through his college coaches or advisor but that never included us.  The team that eventually drafted him had no contact with him, his consultant, or even arranging a private workout, thus was completely by surprise.  It is an exciting time though to start going through the process.  Enjoy what many others may not get a chance.