Skip to main content

Reply to "MLB drug testing is a sham"

I have to write a bit on this subject since my son had two friends in the last couple years who have passed r/t Fentanyl, both college baseball players. First I understand that when a tragedy happens everyone looks for someone or some entity to blame. MLB is a large organization ranging from young men just starting out on adulthood and more mature men, my wonder is what is being done on a teaching level for legal and none legal use of opioid drugs along with just drugs in general? We now have the legal/recreational use of marijuana and some of the stronger compounds of this are very potent. The heading MLB drug testing a shame? from what I have seen there is a growing number of people who are reproducing meds to look like prescription pills and other illegal drugs that would not normally have Fentanyl but are added. Fentanyl is a very strong med and only takes a couple of grains over what would be a normal level to kill someone.

I also have to say I get the injury aspect and the wanting to overcome any obstacle these players have to continue on with their dream IE pain! We say abusing painkillers, was that the case or was a med acquired that was a fake with the Fentanyl added? Let's broach a question of drug testing, is everyone tested ? are some overlooked because staff may know they are but need that particular player? This is an ongoing problem with collegiate and I am sure professional sports.

Who is to blame? I definitely can not put an answer on that one. Yes, we have to take responsibility for our actions but the makers of this horrible combo are truly demons knowing what the outcome can be. I can say for the two boys that were just barely 18 and Skaggs 27 no matter the age or reason/cause a true tragedy.