Skip to main content

Reply to "MLB drug testing is a sham"

Six years agoI had an aortic dissection and four strokes. I was fortunate to beat the one in six odds. After five weeks in ICU and rehab I was sent home. 

My cousin, a doctor picked me up at the rehab center (I had to learn to walk again). After driving me home he wanted to see what I was given for medication. In his words they gave me enough Percocet to choke a horse. He took them from me. Percocet contains oxycodone and acetaminophen.

I was sick the first two nights at home. I called my cousin. each of those nights. He told me I was probably given Percocet for five weeks and I was experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

The prescription came from one of the top heart surgery hospitals in the world. I had the doctor who invented the surgery done on me. Another cousin, a pharmacist told me doctors typically don’t know shite about drugs. But they love prescribing them. They tend to buy into the sales pitch from the pharm rep. This puts the pharmacies in control.

When the investigation into the Angels ends I believe the shite is going to hit the fan on all of MLB. I’m betting Skaggs was getting painkillers under the table and it’s a common MLB practice. 

Last edited by RJM