Skip to main content

Reply to "MLB Pennant Races"

Chico Escuela posted:
RJM posted:

The Indians and A’s are leading the Rays for the two AL wildcard spots. But does anyone in Tampa care? If so, they might draw 15,000.

Rays fan here.  The truth hurts, but can you let me just enjoy a playoff run?  (And the Rays are #1 in the wild card standings as of today!)  I'll be at the Trop this weekend for the Jays game. 

And how about a team contending while posting THE lowest total payroll in MLB?  Just over 25% of Boston's, and the Rays will finish ahead of the Red Sox.  

The Rays are good at selecting and developing pitchers. Kevin Cash is a very good manager. But on a year to year basis I’ll take the Sox.

If the Rays had the interest level the Sox have they would have the money. The money comes primarily from the tv and radio contracts and attendance. The Sox know they’re going to draw 2.8 to 3M every year. All the peripheral places money comes from the Sox also do well. 

Don’t claim it’s market size. The population of central and northern Florida exceeds the population of New England.

Last edited by RJM