Skip to main content

Reply to "MLB Pennant Races"

Wechson posted:
Chico Escuela posted:

I think it's sad that although Kershaw is a potential (likely?) future Hall of Famer, he's going to be remembered as much for his postseason failures as anything else in his career. 

Dave Roberts is getting raked over the coals today by second-guessers.  Have to agree, his pitching strategy after Buehler was kind of strange.

Kershaw is the best regular season pitcher of his generation, full stop.  He's a 100% lock for Cooperstown.  And yes, Roberts hung him out to dry yesterday.  Absolutely no reason to keep him in there at all, much less for both batters. 

Truthfully, with the bullpen Roberts had there was no reason to bring in Kershaw in the first place.  On paper they had the better bullpen.  Roberts thinking, while understandable, was as mentioned, strange.

A point brought up in another thread, what happened to the Dodger offense after the 2nd inning?  Can't blame it all on Kershaw and Roberts.  The Dodger offense went into hibernation while the Nationals offense woke up in the later innings.

We'll see if the Rays can pull off a miracle against the Astro's and Cole tonight.

Last night's game was one of the best NLDS games I've seen a while.  And another reason I love baseball.   As Yogi said many years ago, "It ain't over 'til it's over."