Skip to main content

Reply to "MLB Pennant Races"

Dirtbag30 posted:

Seems pretty simple and apolitical to me: Astros AGM stuck his foot in it big time and publicly in a moment of jubilation.  Even worse, it was on a taboo topic (domestic violence).  Then the organization compounds error by (a) falsely blaming the reporter and (b) failing to admit original mistake.  Thanks to a healthy dose of arrogance, the Astros turned a bad situation worse and created a huge PR nightmare/crisis for themselves, 

Time to go back to PR 101, do a bigger mea culpa, and admit ALL the mistakes.  Only then will this pass.

After Game 1 this "story" won't be a story anymore. So no they don't have to admit all the "mistakes". Because nobody cares and they are not going to fire a guy who helped but a world series team together. 

But just tell me which is more believable? 

Astros exec randomly went up to three female reporters out of nowhere and let them know how happy he is about signing the man on a night where he blew a world series clinching save? Because he's just that misogynistic? 

or 

Media members misinterpret comments? 

I wasn't there and don't know what was said nor do I care. But how can discipline be called for when nobody knows what happens? Knowing how easily things get misinterpreted and taken out of context how can we say that he did anything wrong in the first place let alone needs to be disciplined for it? The Astros are playing in the world series tonight, there is no PR crisis.