Skip to main content

Reply to "MLB Post Season Thread"

MidAtlanticDad posted:
3and2Fastball posted:

Can Dusty Baker survive this postseason without being fired?  The Nats still have yet to win a postseason series!

Davey Johnson in 2012.
Matt Williams in 2014.
Dusty in 2017.

I don't believe in curses, but despite all the talent, something isn't right with that team.

If Maddon Manages the Cubs last night, they win. If Maddon Manages the Nats last night, the Nats win. The margin is extremely thin. Maddon would not run Gio out for inning 3. Maddon would not have Weiters back there with a 3 run lead. Maddon would not have Werth in LF. Maddon would DEFINITELY not have Zimmerman hitting behind Harper. The players are there, to win. You have the bullets to get it done.

Dusty is all about loyalty & continuity & these are my guys etc. It's not about "feelings" & who got you there when you are in game 5.

Additionally, Davey Lopes is asleep at the wheel as a First Base Coach. I have seen it all year. When Lobaton gets to first base in the 8th, you have a little review. It goes like this: "Jose, Remember, you are a slow, catcher. We can't make an out on the bases here. Contreras has an absolute hose back there & leads the planet in back picks. Short secondary lead."