Skip to main content

Reply to "MLB Post Season Thread"

RJM posted:
Texas 2 Sons posted:

Astros all the way!!!  It would be nice to see Hinch not panic so much and make knee jerk reactions like he's done the 1st 2 series. We should be able to at least split in LA and then finish at home. Once you get past Kershaw, I'm not too impressed with the rest of their starters.

I'm not seeing where the dodgers supposedly have a defense advantage. 3rd-Bregman over Turner, SS-Correa over Seager, 2nd-Altuve over either, 1st toss up between Gurriel and Bellinger, C-slight edge to Grandal, CF/RF both teams are very good, LF advantage Dodgers.  I would say slight edge to Astros overall.

Maybe you’re not seeing through your bias. Fangraphs has the Dodgers rating 5th in fielding. The Astros are rated 29th. In just straight up fielding percentages the Dodgers are 12th. The Astros are 20th. Fangraphs has Gurriel, Springer, Gonzalez and Redddick in the top fifty of worst defensive players in baseball in 2017. The Dodgers have three in the top fifty of best defensive players. The Astros have none. 

So Springer makes 1 error all year and he's top 50 worst defensive players in baseball???

Astros- C-.995, 1st-.992, 2nd-.982, SS-.978, 3rd-.968, OF-.996, .982, .976

Dodge- C-.995, 1st-.993, 2nd-.982, SS-.979, 3rd-.969, OF-.996, .972, .967

Fielding % for both teams..explain the Dodgers-12th and Astros-20th again. Fielding% pulled from CBS for starters that are playing in WS.

Last edited by Texas 2 Sons