Skip to main content

Reply to "MLB questionairres"

I have been keeping the discussion going because I had been asked to.
Oldsluggers son was not drafted and is not as bitter as he had been, I think he realizes how it works now.
There are a few parents whose sons are pretty much on good radar and so confused. Seeing and hearing how life is in the milb we know ours made a good choice to go to college first and never regretted it. I have somewhat changed my way of thinking, if you have ability and want to go, then go, don't say, we'll see what happens because it might not, do what you feel in your heart is best, if you want lots and lots of money (I mean first 30 pick money) chances, are you won't see it. You and I know how hard it is just to work for the opportunity, let alone becoming a millionaire for life.
My son's roomate this summer while in rehab was a low rounder out of HS who signed for 30K. Dave said he came with the thought by summer he would be a rookie in high A. By the end of summer he was counting the moments until he could head back home. Dave said he feels no one really educated him on how things work, and the player indicated he should have most likely headed to school first. So my advice to folks is, make a decision based upon where you don't want to question if you made a wrong choice, it 's a lot easier to think about it on a college campus than in rookie complex ball with 100 degree heat.
It was tough summer for son, he has never been sidelined ever but for a game or two, so we really not sure of what real life is like for him as he spent it in Jupiter rehabbing. he says he is just glad he went to college first. Smile
The list I am referring to was BA's top prospect in HS. Your son was on it also, funny how most of the ones who where on the list either got drafted or went to college and got drafted. I guess if it was meant to be, it happens at different times.