Skip to main content

Reply to "MLB Strength Coach Available for Advice"

Hey Guys- DANA CAVALEA here- if you have any questions in regards to baseball strength and conditioning please feel free to ask any questions! I have spend the past 15 years in MLB and am happy to help you improve. Any questions- please feel free to ask. I will do my best to search topic threads and give you my input. I will give you straight answers from a Professional Perspective. My motivation is based on seeing a lot of poor advice being given to youth athletes and their families by guys that have minimal to no experience in the world of professional coaching. I look forward to helping you TRAIN LIKE A PRO.

Hi Coach, My son is a 2024 Catcher.  He needs a weight training/workout program  to increase strength and speed.  We are in NC--30 miles east of Charlotte.  I was hoping that you could provide a simple weight training/workout schedule that he could do at home (we have bands, bench, weights, BOSU ball, --also bike, elliptical, and BowFlex--but those are 3 are probably useless for this purpose).  I can get medicine balls (just watched Cressey's videos) and do not yet have a squat bar--but we can get those.  Also a recommendation of a gym/trainer in our area that would understand baseball would be great.  Thanks!