Skip to main content

Reply to "MLB umpiring incompetency strikes again"

Incompetency again today...

Paul N. is the best umpire in the business, he is not incompetent. Others I will choose not to name in MLB are incompetent. I sat through many spring training games with well respected umpires for almost two decades and can vouch for some of them but Paul is the best. Dutch was awesome too. Too bad he retired, but I don't blame him. Golf on a daily basis opposed to sweaty ballparks with everyone yelling at you is a no-brainer. The games I observed with Paul N. when he was an umpiring supervisor here in FL during spring training taught me a great deal. The human aspect of making snap calls cannot be denied in the game of baseball; however, technology is being used for everything else! Why not MLB post season play?

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, replays are desperately needed in post season play! I might give Paul a ring to see if replays are going become a reality. My guess would be yes after what I have witnessed during this post season, thusfar. I'm just a retired person with no real inside knowledge but it is obvious for even the novice fan that too much is on the line to allow the DINOSAUR APPROACH TO CONTROL MILLIONS.