Skip to main content

Reply to "MLB vs College - Crunching the Numbers"

Some really great comments and points here. I know what my advice to my son is. Go to school. I don't think he is mature enough for pro ball. He has a great scholarship at one of the best SEC schools, as well as one of the best in the nation. I'm not sure I could even put a price on that opportunity. He will be coached by a pitching coach that was in professional baseball for over 20 years. But, it is his life. I give my opinion when he asks, but I'm trying to let him work through this on his own as much as possible. It has been a great life and learning experience. He had some arm issues toward the end of the high school season, so we shut him down as a precaution. It is amazing how pro scouts disappeared once word got out about his arm soreness. He was talking to at least half a dozen scouts weekly, but then nothing. I can tell you that plays on a young man's psyche. Professional baseball is a business and it is not for the meek!  I hope everyone understands this. I tell him God has a plan and he just has to focus on the process and not worry about the results.