Skip to main content

Reply to "MLBPA Announces 5 Round Draft"

Dominik85 posted:
PABaseball posted:

Rosenthal says agreement reached. Draft will be 5 rounds. Other comments on social media from baseball guys are saying all undrafted players will be able to sign as a FA for max 20k. An 80% cut. 

I see it as a business decision. No revenue coming in - small draft, money goes towards players salaries. MLB gets what they want and can start eliminating lower Milb levels earlier than they wanted. 

Massive problem for college baseball, especially if seniors are granted another year. Bottom line - players won't be leaving. High schoolers will be coming in. 

I would expect IMG to get a lot of applications in the coming days and I would expect Jucos to get a lot of P5 decommits. 

Yikes

College baseball doesn't really have a problem, they either cut a few more guys or just sit a few more on the bench and play the best guys. Having more options doesn't hurt the headcoaches, who are hurt are the players.

The players are always the ones that get hurt. College baseball is going to have a lot of rosters with too many players. Which will result in a lot of unhappy players. If you don’t think that’s going to be a problem you have never coached