Skip to main content

Reply to "Modified Composite Bat? Travel Ball"

PitchingFan posted:

Yes they were illegal when you put gorilla glue on them.  The only way they come off is if something becomes wrong.  It may not be tampered with but if you put it back on once it comes off it is illegal.  An umpire should turn it into the tournament director or  report to state high school if a cap ever comes off.  Does not mean they will but that is the procedure.  Again, something caused it to come off.

agreed, but as wareagle indicates the choice is to fix the bat or send it in and wait on a replacement that would not show up before the end of the season.  In the end I choose to fix the bat.

Are you saying that anytime an end cap comes off that the ump should take the bat and turn it in?  I have never seen that.  Maybe I just missed it but I can't recall that ever happening.  Especially at the HS level around here.  Heck Im not even sure the umps would know how to contact the state HS overloards.

BTW my experience has been more like shown in the video above.  End cap comes off, someone picks up the bat, looks at it, shows it to others and hands it back to the dugout.

Last edited by joes87