Skip to main content

Reply to "mom of a 7th grader worried will her son make hs team and what school to choose"

thanks a lot this website is great....i love it. my son [is] very talented and he works hard in the off season (plays travel, tall,lefty pitcher and has private lessons at strikes) and has been very lucky with baseball coaches so far, all on his own but am leary because i have heard a lot of how you get on a hs team is who you know. im sure a lot of you have had experience with that. my husband did not go to school around here, so i thought maybe some people had some advice on how to start looking and what to look for in a hs coach. i just don't want to make the wrong decision for him. he will go to catholic school so the acedemics are very similar and of couse that is our first concern. the only reason i even care about this is because baseball is so close to his heart, we didn't choose this for him. we like the sport but it is his lead that we follow. i don't want him to go to a hs and not make a team because someone's mom or dad is friends with a coach. i know space is limited and tons of kids try out. i am just looking for suggestions or clues on how it actually is because i don't have the experience. any help out there.