Skip to main content

Reply to "Mom who just doesn't understand"

My advice would be to sit down (again) with your mother (maybe with your dad) and try and explain how the process works.

At the same time, if you and your mother share the goal of going to a good 4 year school to play baseball and you have the ability, you still have some time but you need a plan (and some resources).

First I would highly recommend (if you can afford it) going to Jupiter in October. Contact PG and get on a team if you don't have a local team going there that you can play with. There will be more college recruiters there than you can shake a stick at. They will be focusing on later classes but some schools are always looking for talent no matter the age.

In addition target the appropriate schools that you think would be a good fit for you from an academic, baseball and financial perspective and contact them before hand and let them know your interest, some basic facts about you and what team you'll playing on and the schedule when you get it.

Be proactive and be prepared to do your best there.

Now if you are able to follow through on a plan like this you will also be showing your mother the respect she deserves and frankly that will allow you to open to door for conversations with her about other alternatives (ie 2 year schools) as well. You show her that you are trying to get to where she (and you I assume) thinks you should go while also being realistic about a plan B.

This would be my advice. Good luck.