Skip to main content

Reply to "Moms"

Gunner,

Sorry for your loss, and this really hits home for me.  My mother in law is in hospice, and my wife got a call yesterday from her Mom to come see her.   My wife is a mess.   She had to drop everything to grab a plane to Maine.  She finally got there at 11pm, and her Mom was sleeping.  My wife is on her way to visit her this AM.   My two oldest sons called me last night, and they could barely keep it together.  My youngest is serving our country, and there is no way of getting in touch with him on a moments notice.  My mother in law is a huge Red Sox and Portland Sea Dogs fan, and loved coming to see her grandchildren play in some baseball tournaments over the years including some college games.   She loves baseball, and knew a lot.  Her favorite player was Ted Williams.

I'm hoping for the best, but as my brother in law said last night...."she is just old, and lived a great life".  She was born on the same day as the 1929 stock market crash.   It is crazy to think of all the events she has seen in her lifetime.  I'm just hoping she makes it through another day, but that is just guarded optimism.   I'm very fortunate to have such a great mother in law.  God bless our moms and mother in laws!