Skip to main content

Reply to "Moms"

I know there have been a lot of topics about Moms on HSBBW but the world lost one of the best baseball moms of all time last night.  After a 3 year courageous battle against cancer, my mother peacefully passed away and joined her parents in heaven.   She was at every one of my games from tee-ball through high school and was my biggest supporter and also one of the nicest, most supportive parents to all players at every game.  My high school teammates are posting about her on social media all day, that is a testament to a great baseball parent.   

She was a Yankee fan that morphed into a Tampa Bay fan after her move to Florida in 1989.   She traveled the world with my dad but spoke about how her favorite vacation of her life was the week we spent at Cooperstown to watch my son's team play all week and make an unexpected deep run.  I posted recently about my son's first outing at college, she was planning to be there but God had other plans for her.   In her Hospice room yesterday I noticed a note for the nurses about her favorite things and in print it stated her favorite sport was baseball.   

I know many of you have lost loved ones and I am sorry if this is off topic but I wanted to honor my mom and all baseball moms.  If your mom is still with us give her a hug.

I would have loved being friends with  your mom.