Skip to main content

Reply to "Moms as the sports parent"

Don't think I've ever posted in this forum. Guess it's because I'm not a lady. However, this topic caught my eye.

I've met lots of very knowledgable baseball moms. Here is what I believe the problem is. For every knowledgable baseball mom there are so many other moms that have no idea what is going on. They go to games and ask stupid questions and irritate people. I would bet that even the more knowledgable mom's have recognized this in their past experiences.

Then as I think about it, it's pretty much the same way with dads other than there does seem to be more dads that truly understand the game, than there are moms. I suppose that has to do with experience.

I do think, for the most part, the ladies who spend time at this site are among the more knowledgable "baseball" people. For sure there are a couple ladies who post here that are far more knowledgable than most men. That's always amazed me for some reason. I think it's because they truly want to be knowledgable, so they are.

In the end, all moms deserve a lot of respect whether they are baseball moms or not, know the game or not. I should say "most" all moms, because we all know there are some bad apples!

I actually believe that being a mom is the most important job on earth. That would be followed closely by being a dad. And you don't have to be a baseball expert to be a good mom or a good dad.