Skip to main content

Reply to "More D1 dead period...April 15th..."

I said a few weeks ago that D1 would get another year because some will not get to play this year and they are trying to do what is right by the kids in college.  The fear of getting sued is still a big concern, I believe, for many schools.  Can't bring kids back on campus because someone may get Covid and die and sue the college.  Can't not give everyone another year of eligibility because if a kid doesn't get a season that was not his fault, then he might sue the college and the NCAA.  I know it hurts the future college guys and is confusing to many.  If they get it back, mine might graduate at the end of his freshman year (third year in college) next year.  He could get his doctorate before he loses his eligibility.  There will easily be 25 maybe 26 year old seniors and if they get real redshirts could be older.  I know what some of you are going to say but it is realistic that some of these guys could work the jobs and take a few classes to remain eligible and be family men with jobs playing D1 baseball.

BTW, many juco's, I don't know whether all or just some have put a stop to any in face contact except on campus until mid-January.