Skip to main content

Reply to "Most Difficult Positions"

Aside from P & C, all positions are about the same. With that out of the way, I've often heard from outfielders that RF was the hardest to play because of the angle the ball comes at you and the RF has the longest throws to make. Many all-star kids who wind up on HS teams rarely play RF until they get on a team full of all-stars all capable of playing SS but somebody has to play the other 7 positions.

My son liked RF because he had the arm and knew a lot of players who were outfielders that RF was their least favorite position. I think that's why my son liked RF. He played it often because of his arm and fielded the position well and was one of the few I've heard say they were very comfortable in RF. I've seen HS rightfielders struggle from lack of experience so what my son once told me probably has some merit.

He also played CF and he told me it was the easiest OF position to play because he saw the ball off the bat real well and could get to many balls in center. He had enough speed in CF but always played on teams with someone who was always a little faster so with his arm, RF was a natural for him.

The positions he played the least were 1B, 2B 3B and LF although he has played them all 9 positions at one time or another thru HS, I think the most difficult he would say for him would've been catcher because of the wear & tear. He felt he could play any position or was willing to play whatever position gave him the best shot at making the HS team and getting in the starting lineup.
Last edited by zombywoof