quote:
Originally posted by dswann:
quote:
Originally posted by cball:
quote:
Originally posted by dswann:
quote:
Originally posted by cball:
I think you can pluck just about any player that's made as far as HS out of the field and train him to pitch at a reasonable level.

Maybe in Texas

You know I'm talking about the HS-college level. Not MLB HOF. Pitching aint rocket science, it's a craft that can be learned. Take an outfielder with an good HS arm or a SS you can teach that player to pitch no matter what state you happen you find yourself in.

Huh.. I always thought of pitching as a finite skill which took years of practice competing in a variety of venues, dedicating oneself to the discipline of devolping large and small muscle groups over a period of years to limit injuries and develop strenght for enhanced velocity in conjunction with replicating your delivery to a point where a variety of pitches are indistingusible from one another. You do this because the guy in the batters box that your facing has invested a similiar effort, into his craft and is looking to beat the cr*p out of the ball if you make a mistake!

All pitchers make mistakes. So what. Next pitch.

Now I get it. Just throw strikes and get outs. Kinda like, just hit for a high average with power.