Skip to main content

Reply to "Moving on to the 23s and 24s?"

In a similar spot in a lot of ways @2022Wildcat. Son had conversations with HA-D1's and JUCO in the same week. Have said the same thing about academics to son as you and it certainly has opened some doors but it really does feel like the JUCO education piece might be a challenge. Almost feels like a gap year (not a post-grad) with spending extended time at a Driveline facility along with lifting and doing some educational things (not so much to burn a year of eligibility) might be a viable strategy. Still trying to figure out what baseball games/showcases/opportunities might be available for him to be seen by coaches would look like. I have heard rumors of opportunities and tourneys for gap/post grad type kids but have not seen a ton of specifics on them. Sort of a re-classing...

Re-classing from my perspective is figuring out somehow/someway to be considered a class of 2023. That can be done by doing a post-grad year at a prep school or IMG, in some cases changing schools in your area from public to private and redoing a senior year of HS, or potentially what I mentioned above in doing a sort of a gap year. I think in the case of a gap year I think that having some fairly certain plans or roadmap would be key in this. It certainly feels like JUCO is the easy fallback if all else fails in the above scenarios. One must really know their kid/player and where they fit now and where they project after a bonus year.