Skip to main content

Reply to "Mr Game Changer Dad"

Our HS Game Changer account is run by the local radio station announcer who calls the games. Our official stats are kept by a separate scorekeeper (the official scorekeeper when we are home) and they can often be different just on opinion. I enter the stats into Max Preps. The radio guy used to use his GC stats on the air, but started going with the MaxPreps #'s last year. Usually, the stats are close enough. Had one this year that sucked, though. In one of the first games of the year, we had a game where our #2 hitter hit a line drive to third that F5 dropped. It was a hard shot right at him and by the time he corralled it and threw to third, it was too late. GC guy gave him a hit. Our official sk gave it an error. No big deal, right? Well, he ended the season tied for the school record for hits in a season. After the season, the kid was going over the GC account and discovered this and asked about it - didn't cause a stink.

All the newspaper stories have been written and all have given him credit for tying the record. I have leaned towards reviewing the play (all of our games are on video). I would want the HC to chime in if I review. The kicker? The record he tied belongs to our HC.