Skip to main content

Reply to "Mr Game Changer Dad"

That’s my favorite comedic golden thread. It was what hooked me to this site  and yes- it’s amazing how many hats you can wear over time  

I feel I am pretty good at not getting upset as 2-3 families I know do with GC Dad. I have witnessed calls and texts to the GC Dad -DURING a game FROM A PARENT WHO IS AT GAME and watch the same families try and rile up others about GC Dad. Like most of you, I know he never wanted to do it  and it’s amazing to have GC as I miss about 1/3 of games  

These are same people who have typical gripes - coaches, umps, playing time, batting order, field condition, game time, previous teams who screwed them, wind direction, their spouses-  you name it. Luckily the GC isn’t much of an issue for the rest of us - doesn’t impact the program and coaches don’t need GC to know what’s up. If anything GC Dad is harder on his kid. We were just laughing at last tournament if GC company knew the turmoil they were going to cause when they thought up idea to “open up the books” to parents  and start a company  

Until recently GC was the greatest thing as I travel for work. How about the radio addition! How great is that I can be on a plane with earphones and a drink while watching!! The GC Dad showed some of my family members the app and they downloaded it. Now I get texts during and after game about a particular play. I no longer waste time and explain it wasn’t scored correctly or their grandson/nephew wasn’t even on field for the error he received or that he didn’t really have 2rbi on a bomb back to P that was then thrown around the infield.   I just smile from my outfield seat and go back to sitting quietly alone and watching my son and his friends playing great game of baseball.