Skip to main content

Reply to "MSABC - Nomination Process -"

quote:
Originally posted by Terp_Pride:

So you liked the gift of twelve days of Christmas.
It's just that you were unable to capture all of the knowledge?

Holy cow, you gave me 40%. Smile
I'll take 40% every day, and twice on Sunday.
(I knew that deep down inside you loved the Bear.)

Just think about what 40% does:
1. My ROI in 2006 was about 24%

2. My ROI in 2007 may be (and with a 14000 DOW)
closer to 20%

3. Of all the players in Maryland, seeing 40%
play at the next level.

4. Mr. Williams went by 40%.....once

5. 40% in better health last year than than next year could keep me around for a 30 year retirement.

6. A fourty percent raise....... Sweet.

7. In 2006, ~ 4% of the Maryland HS represented at the 2006 Dec Meeting. At 40%, a bigger place is needed than a Middle School (don't you teach there?)

Hey, I won the first over-and-under.
Can I double down for the second over-under. (I choose the under, remember.)

However, just to keep you from being mis-informed.

And since it's not about me, it's not about you, it's not about Woodyard, it is all about the players. Period

Scott Silverstein is a special, special baseball player.

I recently replied to Coach McElfish the following:
-----------------------------------------------------
I believe he will be an early rounder (and as I also believe) could become as notable as the following pro players (the exception being the two 1st round picks who made the bigs and stayed there: Harold Baines #1 pick in '77 W Sox & Eric Milton 1st round NYY) ):

(And to just write and consider him as the Top of the Top Maryland players demonstrates how talented and projectable this HS lefty is)

01. Mark Teixeira
02. Jimmy Foxx
03. Tom Bradley (7th rounder - College)
04. Ron Svoboda
05. Gavin Floyd
06. Genie Hiser (1st round- College)
07. Bobby Grossman (2nd -College)
08. Brett Cecil (1st rounder - College)
09. Bob Ferris (2nd College)
10. Jimmy Norris (2nd - College
11. Phil Corddry
12. Justin Maxwell (4th rounder-College)
13. John Hetrick (1st round -College)
14. John McCurdy (1st rounder - College)

Do you recognize those names?

(And I probably left off lots of other top players, like the Ciardi brothers, Schaeffer, Chorye Spoone, Steven Johnson (Dave's boy), Brandon Erbe others like yours.

Spike, overall Scott Silverstein is that legit. He's been playing youth, pre-teen, and teenager baseball in Montgomery County since birth. From 2005-2006 he took a big jump (6 mph) in skill, strength, and desire. In 2007 he took a bigger jump (10 mph). He should begin throwing again next Monday (Dec 10) yet brings with him an arsenal at 93-95 (late movement), a pro slider (also an outpitch at 81-83 and late movement), and a MF change with two speeds and both sides of the plate, and with a 75 rating for command, with a soft touch, and with a power arm (and injury free), I see him signing, (yet with a 3.85 GPA, may not be ready for the minor-league bus rides and attending UVA is not a questionable fall back position).

Your idea is interesting.
Good chatting with you. Thanks for listening
-------------------------------------------

Cheers,
Bear

p.s What info you got to keep this from getting 40% boring?
Last edited by Bear