Skip to main content

Reply to "MSABC - Nomination Process -"

quote:
Originally posted by Bear:
Coach,
Efforts are in the embrionic stage, but not as a chapter as stated.
Telecon's continue.
Meetings planned to:
- visit the new Stadium with the Clark Contruction family who has mentioned it to the Lerner family.
(that is if a big enough hard hat can be located for my bucket)
- Line-item budgets are in discussion
- High level schedules and concepts being discussed.
- And should every one involved so far have any say, it won't be closed.
- A concern being expressed in a draft charter is never desiring to place any HS player in the middle of making a conflicting decision, should that ever be the case.
It could remind me of the ol'days when Martz Insurance pitched, hit and ran over Leonies/Johnnie's! (Organized? lol)
Who remembers the Baltimore Old'Timers?
cheers

Bear

Bear, This sounds exciting. I am not familiar with baseball in DC so I guess I am a "Rookie" in your vernacular, but by your reference to the new Nats’ stadium, are you saying that a MD vs. DC HS All-star game will be played in the new Stadium?
"Line-item budgets" - does that mean there is a group of people that have formally met and are preparing a budget for such a HS All-star game? Does that mean they are preparing to look for sponsors?
"High level schedules" being discussed - who is involved? The Nats? DC Gov't (stadium owner)? Leaders in DC and MD High schools?
"Every one involved" have a say, it won't be closed - Who is involved? I would hope that if they are involved they would be for the proposal - not against it.
"Draft charter" - Sounds like the process is pretty far along.

Since you are bringing this up in a public forum, I would suppose you are involved and have authorization to make these discussions public. Do you have any more details?

It would be great to have a game (or series - one at Nat's one at O's) like this. Is there a NCAA limit on the number of All-Star games that a student can participate in?

Based on your posts, sounds like you were involved in MD baseball a long time ago. And since I am a “Rookie,“ I don’t understand most of your cryptic abbreviations and obscure references - a lot of what you post is unclear to me. Have you been involved in MD HS age baseball recently (other than as an observer)? Did you manage or coach a team last year? Scout for an organization? Another thread indicated that you didn't have your tournament (named after you) last year - are there plans for 2008?

I grew up in MD and enjoy HS baseball. Was at the MSABC Classic at Stone in 2007 - but didn't get to see a couple of players I was thought might be there. Were you there? Might be nice to hear some of your stories and recollections of the old days.

Old Fox

P.S. Happy 56th birthday.