Skip to main content

Reply to "MSABC - Nomination Process -"

quote:
Originally posted by Bear:
quote:
Originally posted by larrythompson:

He and I have had our differences in the past, but his son played in our summer program several years ago...and I know he knows what a good player looks like. These lists are next to worthless in my opinion.

Larry,
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
I am unable to recall such past differences, (and I am hoping it's a little part of my pretty bride's Christian heart that helps me to forgive, forget and move on. However you are a friend of some excellent baseball friends, and thus I would consider a friend.
(and you can never have too many of those, either.)

With regards to my son (and my hero & breadth of fresh air). I don't recall Casey playing in the Columbia Reds "Program". And that would include 19U, 18U, 17U, 16U teams (if they are included w/in 'Program).
I don't recall the Columbia Reds have a 15U, yet I am sure Casey did not play with them either. Casey did play for the Maryland Reds 12U, which were not a part of the Columbia Reds, and played for a summer HCYP team, and an AYRA team. Casey absolutely enjoyed playing for American Legion-Cissel Saxon at age 14, and then consecutively up to age 17, before moving on to Bradenton, FL in the Collegiate Florida League after HS (the year Legion moved the age to 19U).

I think lists are what they are.
I especially like a list where I write (at noon) the name of the guy hitting 3rd, who is catching, the kids who shows up two-three hours before game time, and who has the ball and for a good 6-7 innings. Makes the job a little easier, don't you think.

Nomination process? Nadda. OMG, we are talking about HS teachers that coach baseball, here. They have bosses that want them to have lesson plans. Many don't like 'em, and try hard not to use them. No need to even talk about process in the classroom environment.

OBTW: I accepted a 2008 position to be located at the Fort. You may be hearing from me for lunch, and are the third baseball guy I know there (and of course should you want to brow beat fastpitch in the area for your girls, I've been around that great game too.)

As far as that other guy (or gal): I don't know him/her from jack; have not seen much, if any, data/informations/contributions/substance in his limited posts; has or is becoming borderline boring;, appears to be a member of the excuse club; and with 'misleading' cr&pola, kinda reminds many of a very old dress (or maybe that very funny beer on the head commercial); might be from the Down-Under Gang as a wankr) Might you be a wankr?

Don't know why I am humming that verse: "We fired our guns and they began a running, down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico" Smile

I know it has been lots of years, but Casey played for Stan Merson for a year. Stan coached one of our younger Columbia Reds teams. They eventually won a Dizzy Dean World Series the next season.