Skip to main content

Reply to "Multiple offers just not the right one"

bigmac you are correct that a lot of kids are not sure, but for some they have an idea of an area of interest and they should be going to a place that accommodates their primary options. As far a size most kids will develop an opinion once they visit a number of schools and talk to current and former students as well as their peers. You can never be 100% sure, but doing your homework really reduces the risk factors in the very risky business of playing college baseball and actually getting to play and stay with a single program for 4 years. When you and I went to college it was a lot less expensive and a much simpler process. (at least for me there was no sports other than chasing girls and surfing...) When you start to add in baseball, cost, location, size, fit, etc it can get pretty complex and you should be developing a "plan" with your son now. If you start these discussions now I think you may be surprised how your son will start to formulate what he wants to do by the time he is 18.