Skip to main content

Reply to "My heart will go on"

When I pick a team HS Summer Fall it does not matter, I ask for a commitment from the players. (If they can not make that commitment thats fine dont play. Its the kids decision.) When you take a kid you have to let someone else go that wanted the opportunity. To simply say that its ok to lie to the coach and the teamates and go to a concert instead of honoring your commitments in order to prevent burn out (Wow!) Yes there is more to life than baseball. I simply say if you say your going to play then play. If you dont want to play dont play. If your burned out why are you on the team in the first place? Your darn right I ask my players to be honest forthcoming and honor their word. They ask the same of me and I do so. How can I let a kid do whatever he wants and then play him in front of a kid that honors his commitments to his teamates? I wont. I am proud of my stance and my commitment to my players. I ask the same level of commitment to the team. If you cant give it dont play. By the way whos fault is burn out anyway? The Coach? The coach for providing an opportunity for kids to play in the summer? Lets see how would this sound "Coach Im feeling a little burned out with baseball. I really would like to miss the game Friday night and go to a concert with my girlfriend. Is that ok". Tuesday night rolls around the girlfriend is busy right. Kid shows up for the game and expects to back in the line up in front of kids that were at the game Friday night, you know because he has recovered from his burnout. What a joke. I dont need these kind of players. Couldnt play in our program. Darn proud of that fact too. If you disagree I could careless. I would just like to see your reaction when Johnny played in front of your son on Tuesday night after recovering from his burnout and your son was there every practice and game regardless of his playing time. Sure you wouldnt have any problem with it would you.