Skip to main content

Reply to "my shoulder"

YG I was wondering what these guys did.
I was an avid weight lifted from 12 YO. Actaully a body builder. i had weights in my bedroom and in the rec room. I did 2 hours before school and as much as 4 hours after school with friends at my home. I was into football and track with some BB and FB. I also had 2 weight lifting classes while in HS. You could say I concentrated on the karger muscles. I can tell you that I threw a BB harder than anyone in my league, thrwe a FT ball fartehr than anyone and hit a ball further than anyone. I was an open field runner a middle linebacker and a full back. I also was a sprinter and was never beaten in the 1st 40 yards.I had a scholarship offer to play D1 football.
The only injury I ever had was a cracked rib when I was pinned by 2 300lb linemen.
My son on the other hand is a tall skinny kid who did light weights specific to pitching from the age of 16. After 3 years of college he went from 165 to 191lbs and still looks skinny but he can press the most ofr all the pitchers on his team. He has never injured himself and the only caution I gave him was not to lock his elbows or knees when lifting and to keep perfect posture. Straight back, lift with legs and do not roll his shoulders when doing curls. He mixes light and heavy weights.
Neither of us has had injuryies related to throwing etc.
So personally I have had no experience with their type of injury and was curious to see if they followed the icing and jogging routines properly sinc there has been a lot of debate over the 2 stategies. I never iced or ran but my son did.