Skip to main content

Reply to "My son is in over his head"

I think if you are smaller you have to be that much more talented or work that much harder. My son isn't willing to to work hard and I know he's no star athlete. For the high school team he started pitching first then when they realized he could hit, he played 100% of the time. He ended the season with the top batting average for the team. He can definitely hang with the kids on his high school team (not varsity). He liked the kids, coaches were ok, he didn't love the program mostly because it wasted tons of his time and had no set schedule. He takes AP classes, advanced everything and it was hard for him to keep up with the hours of homework after practice every day and still do the other things he loves doing. The only time he truly couldn't wait to be there was when playing his old teammates that go to a different high school. I do think my husband's going to make him finish his commitment to this summer season.  After that he's going to take a break. We'll see how he feels in the spring. He's never had a season off. We think that will tell him if he misses it or if he's truly done. Thanks for all the advice.