Skip to main content

Reply to "My son recently was contact my agent/advisor"

@ARCEKU21 posted:

Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but it was relatable to my question. Last night my son received a phone call from a number he didn't recognize. So he didn't answer. Shortly after he received a long text from the same number. It ended up being a player representative from a sports representation, management and marketing firm. He basically said that his partner saw my son play in Ft. Myers and wanted to see if we were available for an introductory call. Something similar happened over the summer from a different firm and we kind of blew it off. Are we wrong in just blowing these off? Should we reply thanks, but no thanks right now and to reach back out in 2 years? Do we hear what he has to say? I am definitely not taking any of this serious right now as he is only a sophomore. My guess is they are just getting kids on a list right now and keeping tabs on them and trying to get a foot in the door just in case any develop into high draft prospects.

Before you agree to speak to anyone, do your homework. That will determine whether it will be a worthwhile experience or not.  There are a lot of legit agents out there, and not so legit.

If you have any questions, shoot me a pm.