Skip to main content

Reply to "My Son Wants to Quit Baseball..."

My son actual split time his ninth grade year between JV and Varisty and had a great year his next year was pretty good too, but here's were my advice gets a little diffenent. Don't force anything on him because it will hurt both you and him later. He has been playing since he was five years old and I have not in all these years seen or heard of a coach treating a player like my son every. This not unlike what your son is feeling now. I do not and have not look at my son or his abilities with rose colored glasses. He has six diffenent colleges talking with him and it's not because of his high school coach. He went to a college showcase a little late because of my handcap, but at that showcase he was seen by twenty plus coaches from around the U S and the phone started ringing. You must let him decide what to do and please support him in his decission. It's his young life that only he can enjoy or suffer thru. Look for other better coaches and without drawing attention to yourself investagte the other coaches he will be playing for and if they will be staying. Sometimes they will leave on a short notice but most will be there for a while. If they are similar to his current coach try to find a better one. Last but not least my son because he is an athlete, not because he's great or a bum he deserves to be lead by a man of charter, intelligence and a true desire to make the future better by helping young men grow. They will face adversity along the way but that is for the parents to help them with not the coach.
Last edited by TrojanDad