Skip to main content

Reply to "My Son was Released Today"

I've been updating this thread over the last year or so....

March 2015 - son was released from AAA Diamondbacks.  He signed with Lancaster Barnstormers about a week later.  He signed with AA Seattle Mariners in June 2015 and played the rest of the year.  After the season, he went back to Lancaster for their post-season run and played through September.

In November, he headed back to Australia to play winter ball for a second season in a row and here's where things get interesting... that thing we always say here at the hsbbweb that "you never know who is watching and it is a small world out there."

The pitching coach for his Australian team was the Pacific Rim scout for the Texas Rangers.  He recommended my son to the Detroit Tigers who were on the lookout for infielders.  My son signed over the winter with Detroit and was assigned to their AA team the Erie SeaWolves out of spring training.  He had to beat out a ton of guys to even get that assignment.  The cool thing for us, this was the first time in his college or pro career he was in easy driving distance of our house.  We got to go to all kinds of games this spring and what a joy that was!  TPM sent us Erie SeaWolves sweatshirts and they came in handy.

Last night, my son was promoted to the AAA Toledo Mudhens.  Rather than feel sorry for himself last year, he grinded himself back to just one level below his lifelong goal.  We are thrilled and another cool thing here, Toledo is also within driving distance of our house.