Skip to main content

Reply to "my top 10 and predictions"

quote:
Originally posted by Ace 45:
Prep - I think top ten could be anywhere in Virginia. I was curious as to the top 10 in Hampton Roads. I'm sure there is a private school or two that could be up there. Or for that matter, top 10 schools in the State?

Benedictine and StC finished in the Richmond Times Dispatch final Top Ten last year. Benedictine should be back there this year (top two pitchers back and solid line-up). May be a stretch to put StC there this year Pre-season. Lost top 3 pitchers, including VISAA POY (two of which were #3 and #4 hitters also). Also lost SS, lead-off hitter and 3 year starter at Catcher.

Look for early season match-up (March 12 I believe) when GCA and Bishop Sullivan play at StC. BTW, don't know if top privates get to play top publics in Hampton Roads often, but last 3-4 years in the North-South Spring Break Tournament held during public spring break- Freeman, Henrico, Lee-Davis and Atlee have hosted Matoaco (# 1 or 2 in Richmond polls all last year), Dale (I think), StC and Benedictine. Four games in two days. StC and Benedictine have gone 3-1 or 2-2 each year. Because publics have limits on # of games they can schedule, don't get many chances to go head to head but this has been a good chance for the top Richmond privates to play some publics.