Skip to main content

Reply to "Myrtle Beach Summer Collegiate Baseball League"

316 (Andy) I have to agree, why should I pay to check my sons or other players stats. Point streak has a good interface and a lot of info can be garnered form the stats entered.

You are right Tarpon as far as the stats are only as good as the person entering them, but I still do not want to pay. I believe Game changer and Point Streak have two different Business models.

Game changer garners revenue from the Consumers of the stats, parents fans or any one with interest.

Pointstreak garners their revenue through the provider of the stats. It may be part of a website package or a separate package, but the team is paying the price, or advertisers.

This also tells me a lot about the teams, or leagues that use the two sites. Teams that use Game Changer do not want to, or cannot pay for a stats service so they pass the price on to the consumer through Game Changer. Either the league does not have the financial backing to be successful or they just do not care. Leagues that use Pointstreak or other similar services, have the where with all and are interested in providing a good experience to the players in the league.

Can you imagine being a player in this league and wanting to see your stats, to find out you have to pay for a premium game changer account.

I can see using Game changer for a local team where parents are keeping score, but even the iScore apps lets people see a teams stats if they know the team number for free iCast.

I would be wary of teams using Game changer, either they do not have the money or they just do not care, either is not a good sign.