Skip to main content

Reply to "Myrtle Beach Summer Collegiate Baseball League"

Originally Posted by BishopLeftiesDad:

@316Sports, Since you clearly have a lot of experience with College Summer ball I have an observation, and wondering if it is at all accurate.

It seems to me that Leagues that are more successful use the model that the league is not Owned by an individual or Group, but is a set of rules that agreements/scheduling that a group of individual Teams/ owners use to compete under. Teams can join or leave the League and the League remains as long as it has enough owners/teams to compete. Each team develops their own connections and can recruits against other teams in the league and other teams in other leagues. Similar to college conferences.

The other Model, one that the Beach League and some other use, it that the league is owned by one Owner/group and all the teams affiliated with it are not at all separate and cannot leave. Most leagues like this recruit to the league and recruits are assigned to teams. Similar to many rec leagues around the country.

Your observations are correct.

I think both models can be successful, but I much prefer the first model over the second.

I understand that budgets are tight, but I just couldn't imagine making fans, parents and players pay to view stats. 

Naturally, I tend to shy away from leagues that use Game changer.