Skip to main content

Reply to "Myrtle Beach Summer Collegiate Baseball League"

Tarpon,I agree with your assessment of the BCBL.  From the onstart they have not lived up to the things they have promised.  Son says there are what appears to be hookers and pimps living on one of the floors in the hotel, the owners of the hotel thru a keg party, wasn't even checking ID's. A mini frig and microwave, NO 2-burner stoves.  At last minute tried to have each player pay an additional 100.00 for breakfast at their hotels which consists of a meager continental breakfast.  Umpires consistently late, my sons coach had his own son on the team as a "player/coach", a Senior that NEVER left the field, this team had 3 of the 7 Seniors in the entire league.  Team promised 12 new team bats, maybe have had 5 or so.

This was not the "bad" summer league everyone harped about from last year, that's the unfortunate thing about it all.

I hate to think but I can almost envision them finding a way to cancel the "pro day".

Would never suggest anyone going here! Its just like any of your local tourneys, if they get games rained out they are quite happy as it adds income to the bottom line, this down there is NOOOOO different !!!