Skip to main content

Reply to "Myrtle Beach Summer Collegiate League"

quote:
Originally posted by lhprhp:
My sons play in the ACBL in the Hamptons division. Their experience overall has been very positive and the team/league has done everything they said they would do from host family,to helping them find part-time jobs,and so on. They like their coaches and teammates, and the competition is good.

Their college coach gave them some things to work on this summer and told them not to worry about their stats. That's not easy for a player to do, but he just wants them to get experience and come back better players. Isn't that what it's all about?

As far as their website goes, the stats are generally up to date for their team but can run a game or two behind. But I see where other teams don't do as well with that. That doesn't bother me, but then again, I don't rely on it for material for my blog or obsess over my son's stats.

I'm sure everyone may not have had the same experience we have had, but thought I should add our perspective since only negative comments have been made.

My son played in the Hampton's Division last year and I would agree that the overall competition and experience were excellent. The current problem is the website and the lack of updates. The old acbl-online.com site was a good site and was fairly accurate and timely last year. This year when I went to follow some of my son's old teammates and the old site had been switched and is not up to par. Also, it seems the competition in the NY (western LI and Staten Island), NJ, and PA leagues has taken a turn for the worse.

Lots of people count on the website, and this site can no longer be counted on to provide accurate and up to date information. In the long run that reflects poor on the league itself as a whole.

The ACBL has been a long standing league with a good reputation as a summer college league. It would be sad to see it continue to fall to mediocrity.
Last edited by birdman14